[RE-wrenches] Solar System Certification

William Korthof wkorthof at eesolar.com
Sat Dec 19 07:43:24 PST 2009

Yes, Yorba Linda technically requires an electrical PE stamp on PV
projects.

  We've probably done a dozen installations in the city, though I
don't think they've
enforced the electrical PE requirement on all projects. They do
require structural
PE on all projects as well, and that requirement is always enforced.
Big pain.

Yes it's onerous. Yes we hate it. But we keep going.

We have structural and electrical PE engineers available to review and
certify our
plans as needed, so these are just more extra costs helping to drive
up the cost
of solar.

/wk