[RE-wrenches] Battery Automatic Watering

R Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Wed Dec 9 19:06:12 PST 2009

I have to highly recommend against Battery FIlling Systems. After 3 years trying to make their products work, we are pulling all watering systems out, and offering full refunds.
Some of the caps leaked at only 1 psi of pressure, some overfilled the batteries causing acid spills, and the worst: some caps never filled at all, leaving some cells under filled.
Repeated calls to their main contact Rob Source at Battery Filling Systems have gone unanswered.
We're back to manual filling as we just haven't found anything reliable enough to deal with this extremely important task.
Of 10 service call backs, 8 were problems with BFS products. (and we only made a couple of bucks per cell in the first place....)
Please avoid this product like the plague!

R. Walters
ray at solarray.com
Solar Engineer