[RE-wrenches] PV Powered vs SMA

Nick Vida nickvida at ymail.com
Wed Dec 2 21:52:59 PST 2009

Yes I know the failures you were mentioning in 05-06.

I had one that had 2 blown 20a ac midget fuses inside the cover. i was told by the service of their partner company at that time to replace the fuses- it might have been a grid surge that took out the fuses.

i did so later that day and the inverter started and counted down. I heard the click, a very short interval of their very annoying operating tone, and then BOOM lika an M80 firecracker was inside the inverter.

I was so thankful that I had decided to put the cover back on the unit in the time while I was waiting for the countdown.

truly humbling like only electricians can understand.