[RE-wrenches] Kohler 8.5RES ignition glitch

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 29 09:23:50 PST 2009

I think you have a single coil two cylinder. they fire at the same time twice as often as necessary.  If the condenser is bad the points will burn and you will have the problem you describe.  it also and most commonly caused by a bsd coil.  I think that one uses a standard automobile type coil.  They develope an internal break down and at series firing will not fire.  Of course if the point are burned, file them but I assume you checked that.
Darryl