[RE-wrenches] wiring the Soladeck

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Tue Nov 24 14:42:53 PST 2009

I drill where the "dimples" are in the sheet metal, then punch for .5" trade
size, then install one of the plastic two hole strain relief clamps as are
available from AEEsolar and others.

I feel that one must not rely on the foam lid gasket to sufficiently "clamp"
the power leads. That just seems like asking Murphy to impose the Law.

The conductor for grounding the metal array parts can just exit through a
drilled hole in the box with no strain clamp, because there's a metal loop
that this wire can first loop through to give some tug prevention.

Jolliness,

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com

Voice: 970-731-4675