[RE-wrenches] strings of older solar panels

Brian Teitelbaum bteitelbaum at aeesolar.com
Wed Nov 18 10:32:48 PST 2009

Lee,

I also have an old spec sheet for the MSX60/64 that does not state the max system voltage. It does, however, state that it passes a 2700VDC frame/cell isolation test. I don't know if that is the required test for a 600VDC rating or not.

If I remember correctly, they were not sold with bypass diodes installed, so if you do use them in a system above 24V, be sure to add the diodes.

Brian Teitelbaum
AEE Solar