[RE-wrenches] SWR2500U Inverter

Dave Click daveclick at fsec.ucf.edu
Wed Nov 18 04:30:02 PST 2009

Just a note here- rather than using the record lows, you can go back to
the future and use the ASHRAE minimum expected temperatures as the 2011
NEC will allow explicitly. In the '08, it says to use the "lowest
expected ambient temperature," for which the ASHRAE temperatures are
more appropriate than record lows. These ASHRAE temps will be higher
than the record lows and will add a little more cushion there at 600 VDC.

So where to get these temperatures? Starting on page 47:
http://www.solarabcs.org/permitting/Expermitprocess.pdf

Also, in case you didn't know, www.pvselect.com is another option for
string sizing that features multiple inverters and a 1 degree
temperature step rather than the 9 degree (F) temperature step on the
SMA sizer. They have the Kyocera KD130 in their database, but not the KC130.

DKC