[RE-wrenches] generator

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Wed Nov 11 09:15:57 PST 2009

As a check, Larry might disconnect the Generac machine from the Outback
system and everything else, then with machine not running, check for
continuity from the neutral (wide) slot on the GFI receptacle and the metal
frame of the generator.

If there is continuity, the neutral is bonded to ground at the
generator...and is probably also bonded to ground at the first disconnect in
the home. That would explain the GFI trip-out.

I would then suggest to find and remove the bond from generator neutral to
chassis, especially if this machine is hard-wired into the Outback system
then there is a bond elsewhere so two bonds are not needed.

Jolliness,

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com

Voice: 970-731-4675