[RE-wrenches] Made in USA modules

Ian Woofenden ian.woofenden at homepower.com
Tue Nov 10 06:51:26 PST 2009

During a recent tour of their plant, it was interesting to see SiE
position their product not so much for its value for the WA state
incentive (for which I have yet to see a strong case), but for
specialized applications such as car ports, and for various
qualities, such as durability, cooling, snow shedding, etc.. It's a
well-designed and implemented system, and I hope they are successful
in finding their niche. Clearly their niche isn't "lowest cost
module," but a significant portion of PV systems are purchased with
other values in mind (note the thread title, for example).

Ian

--
Ian Woofenden <ian.woofenden at homepower.com>, Senior Editor, Home Power magazine
800-707-6585 (US), 541-512-0220