[RE-wrenches] AC Coupled Re-visited

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 21 10:12:30 PDT 2009

I have been quiet because i have not done SI but I have done several Outbacks.  One system is 12 OB GVFX 3648s on one battery bank of 600AH, the system will run with less batteries, in fact I left the battery off for a month and did not notice any loss of exported power to the grid. (this is 3 phase) (I had no grid shutdown and did not need critical power)  the system would start and run everyday without a battery.

On the other end of the scale I have a Standalone house, using 2 OBs and the battery bank is 48 volts 3500 AH