[RE-wrenches] AC Coupled Re-visited

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Tue Oct 20 09:58:54 PDT 2009

Is there an SMA rep on this forum that can give us more detail on the
SunnyIsland/SunnyBoy AC coupled control loop?

I thought that the frequency is altered by the SunnyIsland to trip a fault
in the SunnyBoy, but the SunnyBoy is reporgrammed to override the 5 minute
reset so that you had basic on/off control.  If so, is this dymanic enought
to provide PWM of the output of the SunnyBoy? Is the mechanism something
other than above?

Mark Frye
Berkeley Solar Electric Systems
303 Redbud Way