[RE-wrenches] Rooftop wiring methods between multiple subarrays

Max Balchowsky max at seesolar.com
Wed Oct 14 14:59:27 PDT 2009

Bill, as you know, if the array is on a tilted roof (tile track bkts or fast jacks) and the array is monolithic, all the wires go directly from under the panels to the junction box ( I mis-spoke when I said Combiner box, I too don't see the need for combiner boxes on residential systems ).We go directly from the weeb ground lug into the junction box then down. The panels are bonded to the rails with the  Weeb Bonding Clips.  If the array consists of tilted rows, we've used either a bare copper wire tie wrapped to the EMT between rows or run in the EMT (most rows are 18-24" apart depending on angle). What I've done on the last couple of tilted row residential jobs is used the mineralac clamps and EMT between rows (inspector has bought it as a "bond" between rows then used the ground lug on the last row to take the ground into the junction box and down..........

Max