[RE-wrenches] prevailing wages for PV work

Geoff Greenfield geoff at third-sun.com
Tue Oct 13 03:29:21 PDT 2009

Ahhhh the brotherhood.

The good news is that the 2010 code of federal regulations has pv (and wind maint) as distinct ategories in their CCR (?) list. They ate stand alone, not under electrcal (or roofer, or glazier, or sheet metal or any if the othertrades fighting to claim pv). I am out of pocket but can dig up an older email with the reference and correct jargon.

I think this is more for insurance but I think it is a precident for our arguement that pv should be stand alone. PA just seriously hampered their pv industry (mostly residential) and politics is where the brotherhood is strong and solar advocates are week. This was a battle in CA and las Vegas a while back, and will be popping up again and again.

For a brighter energy future,

Geoff Greenfield
President
Third Sun Solar & Wind Power Ltd.