[RE-wrenches] Rooftop wiring methods between multiple subarrays

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Sat Oct 10 09:33:37 PDT 2009

Hi Ray -

What coastal region or regions are you familiar with? I'm really only familiar with the San Francisco Bay Area but thoroughly painted EMT seems to hold up through the long haul even just a few blocks from the ocean. If it isn't painted the straps and fittings start rusting in less than a year. I imagine that warmer and more tropical coastal regions would indeed rot EMT out in no time.

As a separate note, San Francisco now requires the use of fittings listed for use in wet locations. These "wet loc" fittings we've been using for the last few years seem to hold up quite well.

-August