[RE-wrenches] Rooftop wiring methods between multiple subarrays

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Fri Oct 9 10:38:05 PDT 2009

August:

I suggest the use of EMT with proper fittings to protect high voltage, high
amperage DC Wiring on rooftops.  Sure it is time consuming, but high
quality, reliable craftsmanship will always be thus.

William Miller

At 11:07 AM 10/8/2009, you wrote:

>Hi Wrenches,
>
>I'm looking for fresh ideas on how to run USE-2 wires between subarrays on
>rooftops. Let's say we have a flat roof commercial system with dozens of
>separate rows of modules. How would you folks run the USE-2 wiring between
>these arrays? We've been using J-boxes and EMT which is robust but time
>consuming. I've also used strut with a cap strip on the top which
>effectively makes a wire raceway but it is difficult to properly ground
>both ends of the raceway and is also time consuming.
>
>Looking forward to hearing your ideas. Best, August

Please note new e-mail address and domain:

William Miller
Miller Solar
Voice :805-438-5600     Fax: 805-438-4607
email: william at millersolar.com
http://millersolar.com
License No. C-10-773985