[RE-wrenches] does the federal grant affect depreciation?

David Brearley david.brearley at solarprofessional.com
Wed Sep 30 12:34:56 PDT 2009

Dana,

Here is an excerpt from the latest SEIA tax manual that supports the
information from Randy:

³1.6.2 Basis Reduction‹The owner of solar equipment on which an investment
credit is claimed or on which a cash grant is paid by the Treasury can
depreciate only 85 percent of the cost. The Œbasis¹ for depreciation must be
reduced by half the amount of the investment credit or cash grant.²

Best regards,

David Brearley, Senior Technical Editor
SolarPro magazine
NABCEP Certified PV Installer 