[RE-wrenches] Siemens SR-100 low power warranty claim--who do I call?

Marco Mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Sun Sep 27 17:49:45 PDT 2009

Mick,

I'll be very interested in what kind of response you get from Solarworld
since they're now twice removed from Siemens (Arco Solar to Siemens to Shell
to Solarworld).

I would have a hard time believing that any PV manufacturer is going to want
to take on the liabilities from two companies ago.  But maybe I'll be
pleasantly surprised.

Marco

ProVision

Greetings, Mechanics~

A client has six SR-100 modules, about 1999 vintage. Based on some primitive
field testing, I think all six are slumpy on power delivery so I want to
help the customer initiate a warranty claim.

I'm aware that SolarWorld is the latest name for that product line, but
S-World seems to not have a representative on the Wrench List.

I don't know anyone at SolarWorld to whom I could submit this claim. If any
of you might have a name to suggest, kindly notify me on-list or off. I'm
sorry to use up some Wrench bandwidth for this request, but this group comes
up as my first choice for those who are "likely to know".

If I do locate a customer service person at SolarWorld, I'll ask him or her
to make application for Wrench List participation. If we could get
manufacturer representation across the "full spectrum", that seems like a
good long term goal that would make the List even more valuable. I often
search the member list page (http://members.re-wrenches.org/) to figure out
"who to call"...but it didn't help this time.

Thanks in advance,

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com