[RE-wrenches] Rooftop DC disconnects

Chris Anderson CAnderson at borregosolar.com
Tue Sep 22 08:55:28 PDT 2009

I am pretty sure it is in the draft of the 2011 code. While we are not governed yet by the 2011 code, I think it is good practice and is something we should all do sooner than later. Borrego is moving that direction as we speak. No reason to wait around for the code to tell us what we have to do. I would recommend getting an integrated load break combiner - there are several on the market already - and breaking the output circuits from the combiner immediately so that conduits running on the roof and through the building can be de-energized in the event of a fire.

-Chris Anderson
  Chief Technology Officer
  Resources Group
  C: 603-732-2411