[RE-wrenches] Charging AGM Batteries

Hugh hugh at scoraigwind.co.uk
Sat Sep 19 02:21:38 PDT 2009

It seems to me that you really need to have a controller that
monitors the state of charge in order to do a good job of recharging
sealed batteries.  If they are low then you can push the voltage up
but if they are in an intermediate indeterminate state as with most
small renewable energy systems then you don't know what to do.
Playing safe can mean that the battery does not get a proper charge
(I am told).

--
Hugh Piggott

Scoraig Wind Electric