[RE-wrenches] raintite box mounting angle

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 24 09:08:34 PDT 2009

Kirk,

I'm fairly confident that if the manufacturer does not specify an angle for
NEMA 3R (rainproof) that the default is vertical. In special cases (e.g.
Outback PSPV), the NEMA 3R tests are requested at an angle, but this is
fairly rare. Upshot is that NEMA 3R boxes normally cannot be mounted in the
plane of the roof, while NEMA 4 and up can be mounted in the roof plane
since many of these boxes can be mounted from vertical to horizontal.

Bill.