[RE-wrenches] Seasonal Adjusters

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Sun Aug 16 20:09:31 PDT 2009

Yeah, Travis, there are "excuses", dude. In the current issue of the
Economist there's an article about wireless vs. wire-based telephone
service. The US is only ranked 15th among developed nations in cellular
coverage. I believe it's the same with internet. Private enterprise at work,
dude, for better and worse. We can't all afford satellite (at $70/month?) if
we haven't been served with good wired or wireless coverage.

And after posting this short rant about cellular and wireless service in the
US, I will note that Bruce Geddes is in Motueka, New Zealand. More power to
Wrenches who don't live in LA and still read our posts!! Bruce is somewhere
on the other side of the planet, likely surrounded by sheep, mountains, and
sheep.

Peace, brother,

Allan  (who pays $30/month for great high-speed internet through a
community-based nonprofit high-speed wireless cooperative
(www.lcwireless.org <http://www.lcwireless.org/>  - check out the home page
- hooray for nonprofit anarchy!) using two PV-powered access points
(repeaters) I installed to bring it the 12 or so miles up into our neck of
off-grid mountains well south of Santa Fe).

Allan Sindelar

Allan at positiveenergysolar.com

NABCEP Certified Photovoltaic Installer

EE98J Journeyman Electrician

Positive Energy, Inc.

3201 Calle Marie

Santa Fe, New Mexico 87507

505 424-1112

www.positiveenergysolar.com

  _____

Cry a river dude.  There's no excuse for not joining 21st century.
Wrenches on dial up please chime in if there's any of you out there.

Travis Creswell

Ozark Energy Services

  _____

From: re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org
[mailto:re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org] On Behalf Of Bruce Geddes

For goodness sake, posting attachments of 2M or so.  There was a discussion
on this forum some months ago about large attachments because some of us do
not have access to broadband and not by choice!