[RE-wrenches] 40+KW off grid - Suggestions

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Thu Aug 13 17:16:30 PDT 2009

Dana:

I imagine you can cull some general advice from the Wrenches. Beyond that,
it sounds like you have a large design project in front of you.  This is
something many of us do, for a fee.

William Miller

At 04:20 PM 8/13/2009, you wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>I have an inquiry for a 40KW+ off grid and are looking for suggestions.
>Small conference center, some lodging, commercial kitchen, 30+% full [loaded
>up] occupancy, small staff and maintenance crew for [70%] balance of the
>time.
>
>The full loads will probably be met with [1 or 2] LP gas generators.
>The utility line quote is $1+ million away.
>
>We are looking at all options-
>
>High volt runs  to AC coupled and Outback 3648, 6 packs.
>
>High volt to FM 80's and Outback 3648 , 6 packs.
>
>Sunny boy Islands 5048's.
>
>We want some redundancy but are looking for a good blend of large, reliable,
>and redundant.
>
>I welcome your opinions.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>

>Dana Orzel
>
>Great Solar Works, Inc
>www.solarwork.com
>E - dana at solarwork.com
>V - 970.626.5253
>F - 970.626.4140
>C - 970.209.4076
>"I'd put my money on solar energy. I hope we don't have to wait 'til oil and
>coal run out before we tackle that."
>-Thomas Edison, in conversation with Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone, March
>1931

>List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
>Options & settings:

>List rules & etiquette:
>www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
>Check out participant bios:
>www.members.re-wrenches.org

>06:11:00

Please note new e-mail address and domain:

William Miller
Miller Solar
Voice :805-438-5600     Fax: 805-438-4607
email: william at millersolar.com
http://millersolar.com
License No. C-10-773985