[RE-wrenches] Magnum inverters (not really a power factor issue)

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Sat Aug 1 20:51:02 PDT 2009

Good point, Darryl. The resting DC volts were only at 51.6 according to
the Magnum meter, kind of on the low side. I was not able to measure any
sag on the DC side because there wuz only one of me and I ain't Plastic
Man. I bet that the inverter you measued the 60 Hz on the DC side was an
SW, right? They all have an odd ability to loosen the DC inverter cables
over time because of this harmonic vibe, especially the Al lugs they
used to use back in the day. I had several problems with tripping (no,
not that kind) breakers before I changes to better cable lugs.

Matt