[RE-wrenches] Starting 3/4 Sub Pump (was Power Factor)

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 30 18:24:52 PDT 2009

Hi all
When trying to run the pump with the inverter, make the following measurements.
DC amps, and DC volts to the inverter, multiply by about 0.9, this is the true power.  Then measure at the same time the AC volts and the AC amps. this it the apparent power.  Power factor is the ratio of apparent power to true power.

Also if the AC current exceeds the inverter rating, you will know.  Use a meter with surge capability, If the surge is to high the inverter may not restore voltage, kind of lock up until it reaches overload.

Darryl