[RE-wrenches] "Quick Release" PV System

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 29 21:08:37 PDT 2009

Chula Vista has been difficult on a number of fronts for the past few years.
I'm not sure what is behind it. This is a reference from an old Los Angeles
Fire Department regulation. It was invented by a person at LA who still
thinks it's a good idea. I don't doubt that it could not be developed. My
first roof bracket had a quick-release feature for servicing panels in the
array. It is a bad mandate and was rejected by the group who developed the
guidelines for PV installation with the California Fire Marshal's office.
There is no state support for the idea.

Bill.