[RE-wrenches] Amp Clamp-Fluke Recall

Wallace Stahle wstahle at pacific.net
Tue Jul 21 15:42:59 PDT 2009

>I like me Fluke 337. db

Folks with Flukes,

Check out www.fluke.com/33Xrecall for specifics on amp clamp meters being
recalled.

Description of the problem

Through quality assurance tests, we have discovered a potential short
circuit connection on the circuit board. This may lead to inaccurate voltage
readings including a low or no voltage reading on a circuit energized with a
hazardous voltage. This finding could create a hazardous situation if the
user were to contact live voltage based on an erroneous instrument reading.

May, 2009
Dear Fluke Customer:

In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Fluke is
voluntarily recalling certain 333, 334, 335, 336 and 337 Digital Clamp
Meters that were manufactured between January 29, 2008 and February 27,
2009. The models and serial numbers affected are listed in the table below.

If you own one of these clamp meters, please stop using it and send it back
to Fluke for replacement. If you are not the primary user of the Fluke 33X
Series Clamp Meter, please pass this notice along to the appropriate people
within your organization

Model Family  Starting Serial No. Ending Serial No.
Fluke-337 (All models including 337A)  96070000 98890607
Fluke-336 (All models including 336A)  96220000 98900400
Fluke-335 (All models including 335A)  97010000 98860104
Fluke-334 (All models including 334A)  97010000 98870101
Fluke-333 (All models including 333A)  97010000 98880240

Please note: Serial numbers with the suffix "R" or the prefix "S" are NOT
included in this recall.

3. Click the Return Form link below to return your clamp meter for a free
replacement. We will send you a prepaid mailer to return your unit at no
cost.

4. Please do not send test leads, cases or other accessories.
5. Please keep a copy of the serial number for your records.

6. When Fluke receives your clamp meter, we will send you, free of charge, a
replacement unit.

For more information, call (888) 98-FLUKE (35853) 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Pacific
Time, Monday-Friday.