[RE-wrenches] Solar Installers Education

R. Walters walters at taosnet.com
Sat Jul 18 00:05:59 PDT 2009

For Off grid, no one should even attempt being a designer/ installer
without living for a full year on their own off grid system.
GT w/ batteries, you need off grid smarts and understand GT.
Training newbies, I can't imagine them being able to do anything
other than schlep modules/ do grunt work for a couple of years.
I could see a licensed electrician with a year of full time training
being able to do GT w/o batteries.
Most of the market and all the growth is in the GT w/o batteries, so
I think your training should concentrate there.
I've taught a semester long PV class, and all I was able to do was
create well educated consumers.

R. Walters
Solarray.com
NABCEP # 04170442