[RE-wrenches] REC Solar melt-down

Nick Vida nickvida at ymail.com
Tue Jun 30 20:45:53 PDT 2009

wrenches,

the defect in REC panels is the frame expands past the panel and can contract and break the glass. Unfortunate, but no big deal in a lot of ways. I dont know if there is another defect, but that one would warrant a recall instead of replacing a lot of panels. There was also an article about their Oregon plant breaking a couple hours after it went online. Im glad to see they have done a recal. I think it is proper and good business. I think thier silicon and wafers are fine and well made, and we would hopefully find out if they werent because they are a major supplier of wafers to several manufactures.