[RE-wrenches] Site Evaluation for a Wind Turbine Farm

Peter Parrish peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Fri Jun 19 13:13:50 PDT 2009

I have been asked by one of my students, who is also a renewable energy
developer, about site evaluation for wind. I told him that he needs to move
beyond downloading "maps" showing the m/s contours at some altitude (at a
fairly coarse scale), and get a small turbine on the actual site and take
some actual data (at the appropriate height).

I think I read somewhere that there are companies that will provide that
service for a fee. They truck the system out to the site, erect it, install
the data logging, and come back at some point in time and break down the
system and truck it home.

They share the data with us and possibly recommend products compatible with
the wind data.

If this is true, could folks give the contact info for these companies? I
would really like to work with an engineering company, which doesn't have an
agenda to sell us product, but if that won't wok, I'll settle for "pre-sales
technical support".

- Peter

Peter T. Parrish, President
California Solar Engineering, Inc.
820 Cynthia Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90065
CA Lic. 854779, NABCEP Cert. 031806-26
peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Ph 323-258-8883, Mobile 323-839-6108, Fax 323-258-8885