[RE-wrenches] 690.47

Keith Cronin electrichi01 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 19:04:48 PDT 2009

Marv

Couple your comments with a delay in adoption of certain years of the code, by jurisdiction. For example, the city and county of Honolulu have yet to adopt the '08 code and are still working on '05. This can influence the interpretation of 690.64B for the residential-commercial 120%-100% situation that is cleared up in the '08 code.
There are other islands in this tropical archipelago that are on the '02 code, so more distinctions need to be made and clarified for these folks. We also don't have congruency by island from a utility perspective as well in regard to interconnection protocols and we are already up against an even more pressing situation- Grid Access! The utilities feeders are getting "full" on the neighbor islands and they are starting to require interconnection studies to determine whether or not you can even connect to the grid.......this will get more pronounced as time marches on, but who would have thought that a day like this would come....you are the last person on the street to make the switch to clean power, only to be told, no.....unless you can fork over thousands of $ to study the infrastructure......

It seems here, even on this island, there are inspectors that are unclear themselves, as to how to approach a host of topics, and grounding is one of them.