[RE-wrenches] Chinese solar cells and modules and pricing

Bob-O Schultze bob-o at electronconnection.com
Tue Jun 9 18:52:06 PDT 2009

I have to chime in here in support with Bill and especially Joel.
I refuse to buy or install Chinese modules. Yes, the price is low, but
as pointed out by Bill, will they be there in 5,10,15 years to back a
warranty?
There is something else. This country is in serious financial trouble.
We've brought it on ourselves with unregulated greed and outright
foolishness, but it needs to stop. Now.
I, for one, buy American when I can. Doesn't always work out and it
isn't hard and fast rule, but it's what I CAN do. I don't buy Chinese
stuff regardless of quality. We, as a country, just can't afford to do
that anymore.  When I point that out to my potential clients, most
agree and will part with a few extra bucks to do what THEY can do.
Those that don't/won't/can't, I wish them well and good luck. Seek
life elsewhere.
Bob-O