[RE-wrenches] Housekeeping stuff

greg at remotepowerinc.com greg at remotepowerinc.com
Thu May 7 11:54:07 PDT 2009

Regarding discussing pricing on this publicly viewed list:

It's just unprofessional.  I never met a wholesaler or manufacturer that
wanted me to tell the public the wholesale price I was paying for their
products.

Also, telling the public your cost can only do you and your business harm.
 Joe Public will figure - "why should I pay X% more for this product?" -
without considering that a good dealer/installer pays for licensing,
liability insurance, workers comp, good wages to get and keep good
employees, the cost of tuition, transportation, lodging and tuition for
employees, etc.

Joe Public does not know the difference between gross profit and net
profit, and NEVER will.

As small business persons we are all at a disadvantage to the big box
stores who inevitably will sell everything.  I think by allowing prices to
be discussed publicly pm this list, we're shooting ourselves in the foot -
making our own long term survival harder.

It seems like this all should be common knowledge to any professional in
any retail business.

Greg Egan
Remote Power Inc.