[RE-wrenches] Heat dump or Stagnate?

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Fri Apr 24 10:38:16 PDT 2009

Darryl -

I've always heard that it isn't good to run glycol in a drainback system.
When the system drains during an overheating condition there is a glycol
residue left in the collectors which cooks and I suppose turns to powder.
Time after time this will decrease system efficiency and possibly degrade
the glycol inhibitors.

Tom Lane, thoughts?

Best,

August