[RE-wrenches] Heat dump or Stagnate?

Troy Harvey taharvey at heliocentric.org
Thu Apr 23 11:10:24 PDT 2009

Apparently this is the "modern" design method used in many european
systems. It scares me too. But from several sources, this seems to be
considered one of the most reliable design methods for closed loop
systems (ie. it works even without electronic controls working, power
outages, etc).

Standard glycol. The main point seems to be the design of the pipes
and collectors need to facilitate collector draining from the steam
pushing the fluid back into the expansion tank, so the collectors
empty themselves.  Its closed loop, but effectively becomes a
"pressurized drainback" in over heating conditions.

Here is a couple of links:
	http://www.aee-intec.at/0uploads/dateien48.pdf
	http://www.suterconsulting.com/CISBAT.pdf

I'm hoping to find someone with experience with this kind of system to
overcome my fears

Troy Harvey
Heliocentric
801-453-9434