[RE-wrenches] Fronius IG4000 problem

Mark Dickson Mark at oasismontana.com
Sun Apr 19 21:03:50 PDT 2009

Larry,

I am having a somewhat similar problem with a recently installed IG5100.  I
have it installed in conjunction with an Outback battery based system for AC
coupling.  We have it set up to divert its loads to an electric ice melter
and then to a large electric heater as the battery voltages climb.  A third
relay cuts the array power between the Fronius and the AC panel if the
battery voltage continues to climb to unsafe levels.

When we have heavy sunshine and low house loads (second home) and the array
output climbs above 3000 or so watts, we continually get a "State 108" code
and shut down cycles each time a relay trips on a diversion load.  I have
worked with both Outback and Fronius (who have been great!) but at this
point we are all baffled.  I think my next step, especially after reading
the above post is to replace the Fronius.  Then as a last resort swap the
IG5100 out to a couple of SMA 3000US's (a 6000US does not configure well
with the 28 evergreens).

Any input from you guys would be greatly appreciated!

Mark Dickson

Oasis Montana Inc.

  _____