[RE-wrenches] Fronius IG4000 problem

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Sat Apr 18 14:04:11 PDT 2009

Larry:

We have had an almost 100% failure rate for Fronius inverters.  This is
including replacing many of them multiple times.  We are about ready to
replace 6 LV4550s with 3 Plus 10,000s. I will let you know how it works
out, but we are very underwhelmed.

William

At 12:12 PM 4/18/2009, you wrote:
>Wrenches,
>
>A Fronius IG 4000 is doing some weird cycling. Every 45 seconds the
>voltage pops up to Voc and drops back to Vmp immediately followed by a
>downward ramp of voltage and corresponding rise in current. This repeats
>continuously. PV array Vsc is constant and all strings are +/- 1 volt DC.
>I spoke with Dan at Fronius and they are working on it. BTW, very helpful
>and immediate response from Fronius.
>
>Has anyone else seen this occur? This is the second problem with this
>inverter so I am wondering how Fronius is holding up for others.
>
>Kindest Regards,
>
>Larry Crutcher
>Starlight Solar
>(928) 941-1660
>Renewable Energy Products, Service and Installation
>
>Mailing Address (NO SHIPPING):
>11881 S Fortuna Rd.
>Yuma, AZ 85367
>
>Shipping and retail store (NO MAIL):
>2998 Shari Ave
>Yuma, AZ 85365

>List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
>Options & settings:

>List rules & etiquette:
>www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
>Check out participant bios:
>www.members.re-wrenches.org

Please note new e-mail address and domain:

William Miller
Miller Solar
Voice :805-438-5600     Fax: 805-438-4607
email: william at millersolar.com
http://millersolar.com
License No. C-10-773985