[RE-wrenches] Solar power on Truck?

robert ellison reellison at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 06:31:48 PDT 2009

I have put 3, 100 watt panels on travel trailers in the past so 1 should be
no problem.
But AC is a hard load to run, i guess the easy part is that the engine would
do most of the battery charging for the system so a single panel would be
enough unless he was spending a bunch of time in a parking lot just sitting.
I would worry about a panel as an airfoil, just because of the debris it
will likely encounter at road speeds.

Just some thoughts,

Bob