[RE-wrenches] Solyndra

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 25 21:57:41 PDT 2009

Keith,

Since it seems quite quiet on this subject, I have to ask why a SHARP guy
like you would consider such a rounded or Solindrical technology. Actually,
I have heard through the grape vine that their products have an interesting
performance characteristic in that their output looks similar to a
single-axis tracker-which makes sense-sounds good.

The must larger issue than the short-term performance of the product is the
longevity. Nobody has a clue on that item-not even the manufacturer. I'm
sure they have put it through torture tests, but the real world is a
different story. Not sure they have seen the sun for more than a few years.
I hope it works out for them and it becomes a viable part of the PV
industry. I, for one, will be cheering from the sidelines.

Bill.