[RE-wrenches] Battery Cables

Jeff Yago jryago at netscape.com
Fri Mar 13 13:07:55 PDT 2009

This thread started with a simple question, but it shows exactly why there is a sub-group of us on the another wrenches list trying to work out a national installers association.

There is a huge influx of solar "installers" coming into this field and although their hearts may be in the right place, they need the guidance of those of us who have been around a lot longer. I have heard several TV interviews with solar "installers" and when asked how they learned this trade, they replied "I went to a 1-day manufacturers training class, after-all, it isn't that hard".

This list is a great resource for those more experienced to ask more complex questions, and yes, we can get frustrated when the same thread starts up again that we settled 3 years ago, but to me this is just more reason to get this national solar installers association going and let it take over some of these newbee issues.  No there are no dumb questions, but there are some good questions that have been answered many times before.

Jeff Yago