[RE-wrenches] NABCEP

Jeff Yago jryago at netscape.com
Sat Feb 14 08:42:00 PST 2009

Joel,

The following is a re-print of my posting of Jan 22,2008.  This explained why I am trying to get a National Associaiton of Photovoltaic  Installers (NAPVSI)started:

Almost every home builder where you live will be a member of the
National Association of Home Builders, not the association of home
appliance manufacturers. The NAHB sponsors great educational programs
for their building contractors, promotes the interests of the small
contractor when dealing with government codes and regulations, and if
anyone wants feedback on anything that could affect homebuilders, they
contact the NAHB, not Lowes.

Your local plumber will be a member of the Plumbing-Heating-Cooling
Contractors Association, and their web site says "Dedicated to the
promotion, advancement, education and training of the industry".

Your local contractor who installs custom home automation systems will
be a member of the CEDIA, and their web site says - "Trade association
for contractors specializing in planning and installing home cinema."

Your local roofing contractor will be a member of the National Roofing
Contractors Association (NRCA).

Your local carpenter will be a member of the Carpenter Contractors
Association (CCA), and their web site says- "The objectives and purpose of
this Association shall be to foster the business of contractors employed
in Carpenter construction."

Your local bricklayer will be a member of the Mason Contractors
Association of America (MCAA), and their web site says - "a national trade
association representing masonry contractors in national legislative and
political affairs, codes and standards composition, workforce
development, education, market promotion and general advocacy."

Your local flooring installer will be a member of the Flooring
Contractors Association(FCICA) and their web site says -"It is our
vision to promote and protect the best interest of floor covering
contractors"

Do we see a pattern here?    I'm sorry, but I just do not know of any
trade group out there that is just for solar installers, and feel like
its way past time to start. I was really hoping NABCEP would help make
this happen, either by adding this to their charter, or at least would
offer to help us form the National Association of Solar Installers
(NASI).

Jeff Yago (Jan 22,2008)