[RE-wrenches] Solar Ready remodel

holtek at sbcglobal.net holtek at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 7 07:34:57 PST 2009

Wrenches,
I am working with a client that is doing major remodeling on a recently purchased house. His budget is not allowing PV at this time, but he is very serious about adding it when he sells other property. I am suggesting that we make the house "solar ready" for such a time. I'm thinking to run oversized conduit to dedicated solar equipment room making wire runs easier when that time comes around. It is unclear as to the size of system budget will allow at future date (roof will accomodate approx. 9kw). Are there any further steps  that are suggested while the walls are open to make a future install as economical as possible?

Holt E. Kelly
Holtek Fireplace & Solar Products
500 Jewell Dr.
Waco TX. 76712