[RE-wrenches] Federal Tax Credits for Nonprofits

Brian Sipp mtbkr90 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 15:47:51 PST 2009

Let's not forget that not all non-profits are charitable.  I have an interested condominium HOA that I believe is structured as a N/P, which I understand is very common in HOA's.  I assume that we will run into this issue regarding PV on their common areas.  I'd be very interested to hear how others may have addressed this issue in similar situations.

Courtesy of Wikipedia:  "The fastest growing form of housing in the United States today is common-interest developments (CIDs), a category that includes planned-unit developments of single-family homes, condominiums, and cooperative apartments.  In a CID, dues are paid to a nonprofit association, whose members vote on how to spend the money. "

I know that many of the larger charitable N/P's have ways to taking advantage of the credits as mentioned before.  But what about the myriad of HOA's across the country.  Seems like an awfully large chuck of potential market to ignore over tax credits.

Best Regards

Brian M. Sipp
First Source Solar
www.FirstSourceSolar.com