[RE-wrenches] GPS units

Starlight Solar, Yuma, AZ larry at starlightsolar.com
Wed Jan 28 15:13:42 PST 2009

Hi William,

In past life as an advanced flight instructor in powered parachutes
and I used to carry the Garmin GPS-90. It has an analog altimeter and
electronic compass. It also keeps a graphical log of elevations. You
can turn off the GPS input for these functions and just use the
analog. Great if the GPS satellite system goes down and you don't want
to land in a plowed field because you are lost!

I doubt the resolution is good enough for what you need but it may be
worth a look.

Kindest Regards,

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar
(928) 941-1660
Renewable Energy Products, Service and Installation

Mailing Address (NO SHIPPING):
Box 11114
11279 S. Glenwood Ave
Yuma, AZ 85367