[RE-wrenches] Firefighter RE system safety document posted for peer review

Dan Fink danbob at hughes.net
Wed Jan 21 13:05:40 PST 2009

Hello Wrenches --

My document about renewable energy system safety for firefighters is now
available online. I would appreciate any peer review that you all can
give me. I presented it last week for training at our department, and
incorporated their suggested changes. The document is very general,
since we have no idea what sort of systems firefighters may run into.
Our department is entirely rural / remote / urban interface, and my bias
there likely shows. The document  is also very simplified, like a
military or firefighter training manual--the premise being, "If you are
dumb enough to sign up for a dangerous job like the infantry or a
firefighter, we probably better make this simple" (grin!)

I have not yet obtained copyright use permission on all of the photos
included, so please DO NOT distribute the document yet! And if I used
one of your photos, I'd appreciate use permission via email (with full
credit to you in the final version of the document of course).

The powerpoint document is here:
http://www.otherpower.com/danf/ff_safety/

The username and password are both:
wrenches

Thanks in advance for the peer review. I hope the document is useful to
those of you (like me) who have been asked to provide firefighter safety
information to your local fire departments.

DAN FINK