[RE-wrenches] XW / Wind problem to be fixed by firmware update

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Fri Jan 16 18:54:18 PST 2009

Mark,
 Since what I mainly do is small wind related, this thread has me a
little concerened. Is this application receiving AC in a' la SunnyIsland
style, via another grid-tie inverter, or is the battery being charged
via a charge controller? Lacking theSMA technology that controlls
battery voltage and the "sell" function in a little different way,
shouldn't this system be configured in the second manner, that is
charging the batteries through a charge controller and diversion
resistor? If it were set up this way, would you still have this problem,
or is the battery just so small that the voltage falls precipitously as
soon as sell kicks in? I thought that there is a 5 minute wait period
prior to connecting to the grid anyhow, so shouldn't things even out
during that hysteresis?

Is there a configurable setting on the sell function that might allow
some lattitude in the amps going to the grid, or is it pedal to the
metal, regardless? If there is no control over the sell amps, seems to
me that would be a good idea.

Matt T