[RE-wrenches] Interstate Batteries

Kelly Keilwitz, Whidbey Sun & Wind kelly at whidbeysunwind.com
Tue Jan 13 09:45:34 PST 2009

Drake,
As we have an Interstate distributor nearby and get daily, free, delivery,
we've used the Interstate "Workaholic" L-16's extensively, for ~ 6 years. I
have them in my own system. I understand that they are made by U.S. Battery
for Interstate, so you should get specs, there. I got printed specs from
Interstate. I consider the capacity ratings a bit "optimistic" and derate
when sizing and setting up SOC metering.

We haven't seen any premature failures. I'll have a better idea of the life
in the next couple of years.

-Kelly

Kelly Keilwitz, P.E.
Whidbey Sun & Wind, LLC