[RE-wrenches] more on tax credits

Peter Parrish peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Mon Jan 5 13:12:22 PST 2009

Here is it guys...one may do it either way.

"Rebate First": subtract the rebate first, take the 30% ITC on the
difference
"ITC First": take the 30% ITC on the full purchase price, subtract the
rebate, treat the rebate as ordinary income and pay fed and state tax on it.

Which is better? If your client's marginal tax rate is less than 30% he/she
should consider "Rebate First", if greater than 30%, "ITC First". Period

- Peter

Peter T. Parrish, President
California Solar Engineering, Inc.
820 Cynthia Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90065
Ph 323-258-8883, Mobile 323-839-6108, Fax 323-258-8885
CA Lic. 854779, NABCEP Cert. 031806-26
peter.parrish at calsolareng.com