[RE-wrenches] "its a UL listed assembly"

Nick Vida nickvida at ymail.com
Fri Nov 20 16:37:02 PST 2009

wow wrenches,

fun solar day for me. Another supply side tap nightmare.

Have any of you ran into a situation where the AHJ will not let you upgrade the feeders from the meter to the
 main breaker because it "voids the UL listing"? In this case I had 1 AWG feeding a 100 amp main, but it was
 type TW which is not on the feeder exception 310.16. In running into the typical daftness on 690.64 I asked
 if I could replace the 1 AWG TW with Type THHN so the feeder chart would apply and there would be 150
 ampacity wires feeding the 100 amp main. No luck, all frustration.

Any wrenches have any thoughts on this?

Nick Vida