[RE-wrenches] China, Mexico, now what?

Jeff Yago jryago at netscape.com
Tue Nov 10 07:08:38 PST 2009

OK, this earlier thread started with my concern that we are loosing our solar manufacturing industry, and the number of China module manufacturers have exploded in the past 2 years so its now impossible to tell which modules may have "lead paint toys" type problems that we won't know about until after we install several thousand.

Ditto for US made modules since that "Made in USA" sticker no longer means what it says.  Then this thread headed off into frame issues, issues with low power, and issues with snow loading.

Here is the real question - What is a really good (not perfect, not highest price) module brand that is being sold by a company that will be around long enough to help with any warranty issues, that has very good watts per $ ratings, that has a sturdy frame, and our purchase would provide the most benefit to the American solar industry, even if not every part of the module was made in the US.

Jeff Yago
DTI Solar