[RE-wrenches] SW4024 compatibility question

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Fri Oct 30 18:05:00 PDT 2009

Esteemed Wrenches:

Wrench esoterica time. another contest like Mick's to win the chance to take
time off.

A customer has a late-2005 SW4024 with Rev. 4.30 firmware. He needs to add a
second inverter for series stacking to increase output to run a big well
pump. We have an early SW4024 with Rev 1.0 firmware, and we have both Rev.
4.01 and 4.10 firmware chipsets in our parts archives. Are the two inverters
compatible if series-stacked with a firmware upgrade?

Thank you.

Allan Sindelar

 <mailto:Allan at positiveenergysolar.com> Allan at positiveenergysolar.com

NABCEP Certified Photovoltaic Installer